Saturday, June 16, 2012

2012 Senior Portrait & Design

Back in May, I had the pleasure of photographing Will's senior photos. 
Above you see his graduation open house invitation 
which I also had the pleasure of designing.
I love the design, as each image captures a little bit of his life & personality.


This is the back side of the graduation invitation.



Now, this photo session was a TON of fun. We shot in downtown Hinsdale on a Sunday afternoon when the town is very quiet & I learned a BIG lesson in this shoot: even if high schoolers intimidate you {as they do me...I never really even liked high school to begin with}, get to know your client. Ask questions, even when it seems they may not want to talk :) If I had not asked him if he was involved in any sports, I would have NEVER known his awesome gymnastics skills, which we got to explore throughout the shoot! How fun is that?!

 Check out that vertical!

 And, of course a perfect landing.

 This is my favorite image from the day.

 And, of course, I had to get some bare feet images in there too...
Will, many blessings to your journey ahead. I think it will be a great one!

{OH, and by the way, when I came home & showed my kids the train track shots, they completely reprimanded me & asked if I was going to be arrested!!! It totally freaked them out. We live right near the train tracks in our town & I am constantly teaching them about "train safety" & here I am photographing a gymnast on the tracks 2 towns over! yikes.}

Grace & Peace,
Julie


No comments: