Friday, December 14, 2012

Brokenhearted.


Like all Americans, I am grieving the tragedy of lives lost today in Connecticut.

Like all mommies, I am hugging my kiddos a little longer, looking at their sweet faces & counting my blessings that they are snug in bed, safe & sound.

I am completely baffled, shocked, sickened & brokenhearted that innocent lives are lost every day.

And we all ask, "Why?" "How on earth can this possibly happen?"

And all I can think of may sound like a cliche, but it is truth.

All we need is LOVE.
All we need is healing.
All we need is to do unto others as we would want them to do unto us.

We all have brokenness in our lives and I believe only Jesus can heal those cracks, mend our hearts, and make us whole. He came to save the lost. He came for the brokenhearted. NOT for those who "have it all together" (which is not possible anyways!) This Christmas we celebrate His arrival as human form, the best gift of all.

I hope the country (& world!) takes this precious gift as their own, receives His love & forgiveness to experience hope, love, freedom, peace, and new life.

Just think if we really lived out my life verse, Ephesians 3:14-21, KNOWING & EXPERIENCING the LOVE of GOD how much this broken world would change as we would be empowered to love one another.

My prayers, tears, and love is with Connecticut.

Grace & Peace,
Julie

No comments: