Friday, May 3, 2013

Helping those with a Heart for Adoption


I have had a heart for adoption since watching 20/20 or Dateline news shows as a teenager. I remember one in particular where a photographer did black & white portraits of orphans & I thought, if I see one more photo of a beautiful child, I may scoop them all up.

We are still trying to figure out what my heart for adoption means for our own family, but in the meantime, it has been my joy to help support those adopting through my gift of art.

The above art is traveling to Africa on Monday. My friend & her hubby are off to bring their son home and she asked me to create a piece for the orphanage director. She went on to explain how so many children die while waiting to be placed into a home & how truly they are the forgotten ones. But those dear & selfless orphanage directors who selflessly love & care for those children do not forget.

So, this memorial is to write the names of those children who have passed away in their arms so they will not be forgotten. The other heart breaking thing is that she requested the piece be large and yet has to fit in a suitcase. Friends, there are that many children.




{art available here}
Here is some of the adoption art I have created inspired by my friends who have adopted.


And, I also wanted to announce that this entire month, I am partnering with the Sparrow Fund, an organization who helps support families who are in the process of adoption. 10% of all proceeds will be donated to their incredible ministry. So, start shopping!

If you are adopting or fundraising for another ministry cause, feel free to contact me about a fun new fundraising idea I have that you can partner with Life Verse Design!

Grace & Peace,
Julie

No comments: