Friday, November 18, 2011

Behind the Scenes: This is the Day

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
—Psalm 118: 24 NIV

{art available here}

This art was actually inspired by my egg carton. On the inside of the lid, the Psalm is written so that every day when people all over the USA open their carton they can be reminded of God's truth. {How cool is that?}

I of course had visions of a rooster perched on a fence post with a majestic sky in the background for my photography. I went to a friend's "farm" who has a chicken coop & she totally laughed at me. I think her exact words were, "Good luck with THAT!" I could not even get a descent image of her crazy, active chickens at all.

Fast forward to the fall, when we took our annual family trip to Edwards Apple Orchard in Poplar Grove, IL. I have been coming her since I was a child, and now every year we celebrate pumpkin-poo's birthday there as it falls at that time of year. We were feeding the animals and low & behold, I got the shot!

Here is the black and white version of the art. I think it is so fun to have this in a kitchen! My kitchen actually has 2 cupboards in which the previous owner took out the glass and replaced it with chicken wire to display her antique rooster / chicken collection!

Oh, how fun it would be to see my art in Egg Harbor Cafe too!

OK, back to the story. Here is one of my new favorite family photos,
shot by my dad in the orchard.

Pumkin-Poos!

Sunshine Girl!
My Favorite Little Mister!
{who is getting a bit tired of Mommy's photo taking}

{Art available here}

And, last by not least, of course I had to shoot a bucket of apples. YUM.

I hope you are rejoicing on this day that our Lord has made!

Grace & Peace,
Julie

No comments: