Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring has SPRUNG & my little toothless wonder


Oh, what a happy camper I am! Spring has officially sprung in Illinois and to take full advantage of the beautiful weather, we spent the entire time {well, almost} OUTDOORS!


We went to Starved Rock State Park and hiked looking for waterfalls & we did see one trickling. BTW, I LOVE this pic of my favorite little mister... ahhh. Though he is looking so grown up!


One of their favorite parts of the hike was of course going "off the path" into this soft little pine area. And, they were so proud of the walking sticks my favorite little mister found for all of us to use.


There was also an owl presentation at the lodge. We saw a great horned owl, eastern screech, & barred owl up close! SO COOL! Then they were allowed to feel the different talons and wings of birds of prey. I loved witnessing my sunshine girl's personality come out at the presentation as she was more than eager to answer or ask all questions given by the guide. Whereas big brother {who has indeed taught her all of the information} sat back and was so quiet.


The next day we hiked at the Morton Arboretum, one of our family's favorite places. We did the Big Rock hike for the first time & this is the kiddos on top of the rock inspecting a millipede. It was again so funny to witness their personalities, as my favorite little mister actually brought a new magnifying glass on the hike in case he had to "examine anything", sunshine girl is into whatever big bro is into, and pumpkin-poos is deathly afraid of bugs {which has already been an issue this spring... yes, they do LIVE outdoors! it is THEIR home}


And, the really big news of the weekend?! Sunshine girl pulled out her tooth ALL BY HERSELF!!! It's been dangling for weeks, was loose since pre-Christmas & finally, it's OUT! She was too cute & said it was her lucky day: loosing a tooth & going to the Arboretum! Love it. OH, and I had wanted to do a photoshoot of her in this amazing coat since the fall but never had a good chance. Love how it looks in the barren woods.


Here my model extraordinaire wanted to recreate the Zephaniah 3 pose. She has helped me prep for my upcoming show and talking about how when she gets bigger she will run Life Verse and so while we were out in the woods, she says, "Hey, Mom! Take a picture of me again like the one everybody likes. You know, the one in your artwork!" The funny thing to me was that once again she kept falling backwards just like during the original photoshoot when she was 4!



{Art available HERE}

Here is the art she is talking about! I am in the process of recreating it into an 8x10 FOOT banner!!!! More details coming soon. Lots of fun stuff in the works over here!

Enjoy the beauty of nature this week!

Grace & Peace,
Julie

1 comment:

Desiree said...

she is soooooo cute :)