Thursday, October 13, 2011

Perfection. {Downers Grove Photography}

Oh, how I debated the title of this blog entry. Titles have power, you know... I have learned that from my book design over the years. I toyed with "My weakness", "There's just too many", "Autumn Light", "Cantigny, I love you"... etc... etc...

Why you might wonder? Well, it is because one of my weaknesses as a photographer is that I take way too many photos and then I cannot bear to throw the cream of the crop away, therefore lengthening my editing time, but hey, families love it and how can I not share their magic with them?!

I then decided on the title "Perfection". It was the perfect autumn late afternoon light with the perfect family at the perfect location {yes, Cantigny, I DO love you... the park is where I also shot these and these!}


Meet Sara and her lovely family. I believe I have mentioned this before on this blog, but Sara is my first ever internet friend whom I met through finding her work on Etsy! I contacted her and quickly found out that she lives 2 towns over and has kids the same ages of my own. You will LOVE her work... fresh, modern, adorable personalized items for kids, heck, even for adults!


When she asked me to photograph her family, it was an easy decision, I mean, LOOK AT THEM!

At this point I believe my kids were running up and down the other side of the grove with the whoopie cushion as Emma and Jack cracked some real smiles.

Of course, I could not decide my favorite {every time I got to the next image, I thought, "This is the ONE!"} So, if you cannot decide on just one image to print as a fine art piece for your home, just combine them into one gorgeous design!

More decisions... color or classic black & white?!


And, here are some Sara inspired clean & contemporary 10x20 canvases or cafe mounts, personalizing the art for the children.

Enjoy!

OH! I still have 3 openings for my Red Couch Photo Session this Saturday:
you can choose from 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.
if you want some magical and memorable shots of your perfect family too!

Grace & Peace,
Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are perfect Julie!! Beautiful job, I love them all!!

Jane Hsu said...

love your work!!!

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

Just found your site! I would love to come to the 2 or 2:30pm spot if they are still available?