Monday, January 30, 2012

Behind the Scenes: Be Like Christ



{art available here}
cross photo copyright Slavomir Ulicny used by permission


I am currently studying the book of Philippians, one of my all time favorites right up there with Ephesians and Colossians and John and .... well... too many to list...

In any case, I am being greatly encouraged and challenged. We just finished chapter 2 and I was thinking of how I have visually illustrated several of the key Philippians passages already (more to come!)

This particular piece I originally created for my hubby's cousin's wife. I chose to show the cross here, even though I often try to use more illustrative images (other than the obvious "Christian" symbols). But, for this particular passage part of the power of it is the culmination of Jesus' extreme humility and obedience, resulting in His death on the cross. What could be more powerful of an image than the cross to show this laying down of His life.

In studying it again, I can only say Lord help me to even begin to do this in my own life. May your Spirit fill me so that I truly love others as you did: by putting them first and pointing them toward the Heavenly Father.

Grace & Peace,
Julie

No comments: